I made these cushions on a whim. I found the small piece of fabric at John Lewis in the remnants bin. I never look any further than the remnants bin in John Lewis, it’s really out of my cheapskate price range.
Anyway, I saw this fabric and thought “this will look lovely on my Ruth’s red leather sofa”, then I saw some Amy Butler cushions on Sew Mama Sew that were buttoned and I knew what I had to do.
It was a good experiment in first time covered button making (don’t use easily frayed fabric on tiny buttons, you WILL tear your hair out) and first time piping making and sewing (god bless the zipper foot).
I loved how they turned out and so did Ruth. Apparently they are now gracing sofa in style.
It means that I can now replace my tired old cushion covers without worrying about those two particular techniques.
In other news, there is none! Hubby still has no job, the stock market has bombed, kids have stopped asking for ‘stuff’ every day.